Saturday, June 16, 2007

Easiest or Hardest?

Another sleepless nights it is. Was at another fren's place for mahjong till about 4 am and bunked there the whole night yesterday. So when i came home this morning, i headed straight to my bed and the next thing i know, it's 3pm.

Been doing this for almost two weeks now. Sleeping at 5am and waking up past noon. And so every night like this one tonight when i decided to go to bed earlier(by that i mean around 2 or 3am), i'll end up staring at the million dollar glow-in-the-dark stars i have on my ceiling for hours yet to find myself awake. Its really funny how sleeping can be one of the easiest thing to do and at the same time the hardest. And when your brain don't give way, it just wouldn't barge no matter how hard you try. Through experience, i actually come to realise that sleeping is the one thing that will cause your brain to function exactly the opposite way from how you expected it to work. Which means the harder you try to fall asleep, the longer you'll remain awake.

I learn that everyone have a certain time in a day where their brain habitually work itself extra hard. For some people its during a bath, for some its when they are doing their business in the toilet. Some when they are smoking, or it might be the other way round, where they actually start to smoke when they think and not think when they smoke. Anyhow, for me, it's when i sleep. At night. Pathetic. Cause that simply means i'll end up enduring a longer period of tossing and turning in my bed. Which also implies that i'll be working my brains out when its at the verge of breaking.

Ask me what i'll be thinking of and i'll probably give you a different answer everytime. Because that's how it is. Normally, you don't focus on something to think about, but it just pop up itself, and you'll continue thinking about it until something else takes over its place. Or until i fall asleep, eventually.

But there are also nights, when that "eventually" doesn't come. And tonight, is one of those nights..

8 comments:

hedwig elaine said...

hey, I always have insomnia too... it's just the same as what you said, when u try harder to put self to fall asleep, definitely u can't sleep... lolz

bennysia said...

hmm.. i wouldn't call this insomnia though. cause now its just me having a totally upside down cycle where i sleep in the day and hyperactive at night. so i still get the right amount of sleep needed, just that it's not at the "right time". lol.

Insomnia is probably sth i go through when i sleep less than what's needed continuously.

n you gotta work on it, might not see the effect now, but sleeping less will give u sleep debt, and the effect will definitely kick in someday. SO.. SLEEP!!

hedwig elaine said...

if on the certain days like holiday where I just stay at home for the whole day, didn't walk much, etc... surely I can't sleep at the night!
So I call it as insomnia... although I have enough sleep too..

how about the situation where result will be released the next day, and I felt nervous till couldn't sleep too?
Or I was too nervous for sitting the exam till can't sleep? I was like that before STPM...

For the scholing days and working days, I can sleep soundly coz it's too tiring.. hehe...

bennysia said...

hmm.. not sure ler~

but i just know that i hate it most when my body n mind is so exhausted, but just couldn't fall asleep. that's the worst case scenario i think. lol..

aiting said...

this is the exact same thing which is happening to me this hols. and right now

bennysia said...

hehe.. seems like all utpians are doing this over the hols..

okaywhy said...

benny, there's one very effective way... but it's a bit... you know... if you don't mind. :p

bennysia said...

haha.. i kinda hv some idea wut u're trying to propose.. lol.. leave that for urself.. i wouldn't wanna do that. =p