Friday, February 22, 2008

God's Wrath and Grace

Sin separates us from God. Familiar phrase huh? Heard that many times, probably a thousand times now. But we always falter and we always think that it's okay to falter because we are weak. It's okay and we take His mercy n grace for granted. It's okay cuz it's not our fault that we are made weak. But the truth is this, it's not ok at all.

I'm an asshole that i never realize this truth after calling myself a believer for so long now. I'm an asshole to take things for granted, take God for granted. I'm an asshole.

It's scary when u realize that Sin really separates u from God. Try to connect with God, try to pray, try calling out to Him, try whatever you wish, yet u can't reach him, cuz Sin keep coming in between. U cry, regret, sulk, but that brings u no where. Trust me, it's scary.

So what's next now that u can't connect with God? U R ALL ALONE. N that's not where it stops, what comes after sin? Wages of death. Consequences which u have to face n bear. Oh yeah, try shouting to God n ask for forgiveness, guess what?? God stare straight at your face and says:"I have already forgive you ample times, but u never learn, now that i am mad and angry, i will not listen to your pleadings anymore, i will bring sufferings to you and i will punish you like what i've warned you before." That's God's wrath. It's not being left alone that is scary, it's God's wrath. If God can give you the world because he loves u, he surely can screw your world up to the max if he wants to. N yes, now he wants to do that. What are you going to do?

N so, everytime we sin, we turn to god and ask for forgiveness without actually repenting sincerely but just to escape from the punishment and make ourselves feel better. God forgive us. Many times. Many many times. And we start to take him for granted. Until one day he turn his back on us, we will regret of how foolish we are but it's all too late.

I prayed and prayed, but everytime i open up the bible, it's always verses of God's wrath and how he will punish sinners and how he will not listen to our pleadings anymore. I thought i'm doomed. But today, i received words of comfort, i guess that's my last ticket to heaven and i'm damn sure i will not burn it again. Peeps, listen to me, whatever you do, don't ever take God's mercy for granted. U'll fucking regret it.

"Listen to me, O house of Jacob,
all you who remain of the house of Israel,
you whom I have upheld since you were conceived,
and have carried since your birth.

Even to your old age and gray hairs
I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you."

So many times i turn my back against Him, but still He's always faithful to me. How much more love should i ask for? What more could i ever be greedy enough to ask for when i have a God as great as this? As loving, merciful and faithful as Him?

"To whom will you compare me or count me equal?
To whom will you liken me that we may be compared?"

None. The one and only God i have. I will love and honor with all my heart. No one else could ever take your place. Father, cleanse me and make me remember this lesson so i'll never again turn away from you and fall for temptation. Make me yours and only yours. Amen.

No comments: