Friday, January 12, 2007

Chat Lesson1 : Random Terror!!

Few nights ago i went for mamak with a few of my friends. As we chat, one gal came by n said to my friend.

girl : "Eh, are u XXX?"
fren : "Yes, but.. Do i know you?"
girl : "We chat before ma... Recognize you from your display picture, i'm YYY a...”
fren : "Oh.."

n they went over to the next table n abandoned us.

Then another mamak session i had 2 nights ago, this chat fren topic came up again.

B4 I continue, I think I should define the chat friend that I’m saying here.

Chat friend: people that u meet n know on the net. They have zero connection at all to you or your immediate friends or in any aspect of your live.

Continuing my story, my friends talk about how they chat n meet up with their chat friends. N how they reach the meeting place but have to hide at a place far enough so that their chat friends won't notice them yet; but near enough so they can observe who pick up their phone when they give a miss call. N also, how they run away with silent mode on when they noticed the chat friend isn't what they expected to look like. (Cruel) lol..

N throughout the conversation, I’m the only one keeping quiet. I don't have a chat friend!! All the while, I’m very reluctant to look for chat friends. N even if some random people add me in msn or ICQ last time, I’ll be really reluctant to chat with them n give time to break the barrier n stuff thinking that it's totally a waste of time!!

It's so hard to chat online when I know nth bout them n they know nth bout me. Not even looks, not even body movement. Usually I’ll start with name, age, where they come from n stuff like that. But again, I always sound so stupid asking question like that. Besides, after all these are done, I’ll be out of topic!! N then I’ll decide to block that person or we will never chat again.

Then as i was chatting with one of my friend last night, it struck my mind, so i asked him what he chat with his chat friends usually. He told me he never asks for all these personal details, not even name. N it's too formal and very hard to get heated up if i start with this type of conversation. He said just type whatever is in your mind, chat as if u have known him/her for a very long time. Chat like they are one of your closest friend. N things will go on smoothly.

Chat with random topics, random issues, random words, and random thoughts.

So I tried chatting randomly straight after that, it worked!!

So for those who have problem like me(or is it just me??), this is lesson 1 for you.

N others, who have better suggestions, feel free to give me lesson 2.

I'm so noob!!

1 comment:

Shuuu said...

Haha, u use the name age ...thing when chatting with me still ok wat, haha XP