Tuesday, December 12, 2006

C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S

Four years ago, i had my 1st christmas.. Not many know that i was a buddhist before. Not many know that i can speak, read and write in mandarin too. People often give me the *surprise* look, when they find out bout these.

That year, i was in form 3, remember i followed Leslie to his church(Wesley Kepong Methodist Church), during the World Cup 2002 party. Couldn't remember which teams were playing that night, but it was the finals. The church bought a brand new TV n let us all watched from the TV before it was auctioned out right after the match. N i was there as one of the friends invited by church members. I wasn't a Christian yet.

Since form 1, i had been joining CF-Christian Fellowship. You know the kind of activities u have in school after friday's classes. I still remember both the name of the teachers who worked for the establishment of our school's CF which is still not approved in school till today. They are the ones who invited me to CF. They are the ones who opened my eyes to a new world. They are the ones who gave me the option to choose a new way of living life.

That week, we had a movie session, it was in the APD room where they played a video portraying the life of Jesus. How Jesus came into the world, how he healed many, preached and taught the disciples, how he was crucified and rose again on the third day. After that movie, one of the teachers asked us to bow our heads with our eyes shut. Then she asked for those who choose to believe in Him, to raise their hands. I raised mine. One week after that, i received my first bible which i still keep with me. N if u flip to the 1st page of the bible, u'll see two names on it--Mdm Chu Siew Mei, and Ms Goh Suzie. N i wanna thank you deep down from my heart. Thank you.

I started reading the bible, but not for long, and i didn't continue participating in CF after some time. Until form 3, i followed Leslie to church for a couple of times. Then there were some tragedy that happened to my family. N we told ourselves, now is the time. Me n my whole family got baptized that Christmas in church. Of course during the course of deciding to accept Christ into our lives was difficult and complicating. It took us about 4 months to actually say "I'm ready Lord!!" N many helped us during that period of time. N this i must give honor to Leslie and his family. A sincere appreciation for all that they have done for us. Thank you.

Now, i have been a Christian for 4 years.. In this 4 years time, i must admit, this period of time is the farthest i find myself from God. Been carrying the luke-warm attitude towards God for the pass 2 years.

But this Christmas, i want to start all over, i want to find that fire that was once burning deep within my heart. I want to run back to you God. N leave everything in your hands once again..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought that you were a christian alll along, just that transfered churches !! Ya, i should definatedly go pat leslie on the back after this.
Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. May your flame for the Lord never die.Amen

bennysia said...

yeah.. as i've said, not many noe bout these.. N thanks..

Anonymous said...

wish you all the best! Emmanuel.