Sunday, August 17, 2008

Abnormalities

Sometimes i get so used to you it becomes a habit. It's something i never want to admit but i know it's true. It's just so convenient to turn to you when i'm down. So convenient to just pick up my phone to give you a call knowing that i'll definitely feel better after.

Everything we say, every thought we share it just comes so naturally. When the fact is it's not at all natural. Why would i wake you up for work when i barely slept half an hour ago? And then i'll continue my sleep knowing that you'll wake me up for class later on? It's abnormal.

Why there's so much to say to you when i hardly can think of a proper conversation with any other person for that matter? I run out of topic pretty fast, everyone knows that, i'm not good in making little conversations. Yet, we can hang on the phone for hours like this. It's abnormal.

The best part is, even when i run out of topic, i can just continue doing my work while hanging on the phone with you. Listen to you breathe, listen to you sleep. Listen to you rant about your work, gossip about your colleagues, your boss, listen to your voice mumbling something incomprehensible as you doze off slowly into your dreams. It's abnormal.

Never like to talk about my mundane stuff to anyone. Would just skip it even if people were to ask. Too lazy to elaborate petty stuffs like my life. Yet, i never get tired telling you things knowing that you'll never get tired listening to me, never get tired listening to you knowing that you'll never get tired talking to me. Never once. It's not exactly normal. It's abnormal.

Remember once when we were in the mall, you almost subconsciously held my hand, which you noticed right after and turned to grabbing my arm instead. I noticed it too. It's freaking abnormal to do something abnormal like this so naturally. It's abnormal.

Yet everything seems so natural. That's the part that i don't quite get. Do you get me?

2 comments:

Jan said...

well...i would just like to say i love the abnormalities that u wrote...

okaywhy said...

It's normal to have abnormal relationships with chicks.