Sunday, November 12, 2006

I wonder...

I've seen so many different people in my life. So many different type of thinkings. And i often wonder how can people be so different in so many ways. God must be a real creative creator i guess. One of the topics i often ponder upon is love and coupling.


Since i've came to UTP, i've seen so many people coupled up even since 1st sem, and some made it till now, but most of them didn't. And those who broke up, found themselves a new partner soon enough to fall in love again. Things seems so easy for them.

I seriously wonder whether people coupled up for the fun of having a relationship or they really are in love with one another. But if you were to pick any couple and ask, why they are coupling up in the 1st place. They'll answer you--->LOVE,DUH~~ And they'll certainly give you the dumb looking face like they are actually re-evaluating your mentality for asking them such a simple question with a simple answer. So i assume all couples couple up because of LOVE.

But is this really love? Is love something so fragile and so insignificant that you are able to get into a relationship so easily and yet forget about the same person u "loved" once so quickly? It's not hard to find teenagers with more than 5 past relations in their 20 years or so of lifetime nowadays. Is this considered normal? Is this what it is supposed to be like for everyone?

For me, i am never used to committing myself in a relationship that easily. I always believe that a relationship only starts when both of you are really in love with one another and has gone through enough to prove that. Certainly not something that you "play-play" and throw away when you're done. Also, a friend of mine said this-"ganqing ke yi pei yang de" in mandarin. Which literally means, love can be nurtured through time. If you haven't get the meaning of this statement yet, let me make it straight for you. It means that, u can go to any night club or even shopping malls, see any hot chicks u like, walk up to them, flirt with them, bring them home and make them your girl. What about the love and feelings? Well, don't worry about that, it can be NURTURED SLOWLY THROUGH TIME!!! Impressing right?

However, back to me, i've been holding up and keeping this "sacred place" in my heart for the upcoming QUEEN which is yet to be identified. And with this thinking, i certainly wants the best candidate as my QUEEN. And so, i've unconsciously set a bar so high that i measure it with Ms Malaysia and still she's an inch shorter from the mark. And i guess that's why i'm still single today!! lol..



Not that i am desperate to get a girl or what not, it's just that seeing people making out and breaking up and making out AGAIN and breaking up AGAIN makes me wonder. Am i the one who's abnormal here or is it them? Why am i trying so hard to keep the "sacred place" as holy as it can be while others can even fit two in it at the same time? Should i be like them? or should they be like me?

Or maybe according to the theory of compromising, both "them" and i should blend our thoughts where we take half from each side and make them one. So now, the bar is much lower but at least the "sacred place" exist in their life too. Is this the way?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben-chan,
You're blogging about this a day before the finals, now this is abnormal. Hehe...

No lah, what you're doing is not abnormal lah, its a very noble thing to do, and I'm sure that someone you find one day will be so happy(actually will be the happiest person on earth) that you actually did that.

Anyway, now that I'm commenting on this at this time of the day, now I'm begining to be abnormal. Ahaks.

Toodles and chowz, Goodie luck for exam.

Pinky said...

hahaha...baka sare! ppl facing finals n ur blogging bout love? lol...really really free...haizzz god d memang can think of diff things at a time like this one la...lol...wonder how long it took u for this post? since u owiz say...lazy to post la! XD

just one thing to tell u...love is UNPREDICTABLE...diff ppl diff view ma...mayb they met wit the person they love d only u haven ma...so y compare? tsk tsk...

min said...

shit u
!!!
cool down bro...
i'm amazed to see u blog abt tiz topic before our finals
i really nd 2 pray u as god
r u saying tat all of us here are abnormal too?
u r jz 18 la dear...

bennysia said...

lol.. just wonder. if they really meet someone they love and are so certain about it. when they break up, shouldn't they try their best to reconcile rather than going for another "someone they love" so fast??

or they just have so many "someone they love" huh?

haha.. weird weird.. n Jiamin, dun so excited.. haha.. don't worry, u r normal..

plus i'm blogging cuz i'm bored and tired of studying. no mood la.. n din noe u read my blog too stell@!!

Gud luck for finals to all.

Anonymous said...

yeah man! like your post! good SHot! agree with your statements there ...

lolz, you are 18? hm ...
"i wonder" what makes you mature in this compare to ... aha ... but nvm, serve you good.

all da best! thanks for eveything!

regards,
imthecraptalker

bennysia said...

compare to..?? blur..
anyway, thanks for everything too i guess?
And guess who's intransparent..n who's secretive..
lol..

Samantha said...

Everyone wants to be loved. It is only natural that we humans seek out love. But you can't rush in love. It is a process of knowing and bonding. And I am proud that you've grown up to be man you are now. Really, you've grown. No more my little ah pok liao. Now is Ben ya? haha. But I still get to bully u. And I love you. Can't wait for u to be back! Miss u o so much! (i'm forcing back my tears even now) Bare with ur silly che che... Study hard la, don't everyday battle late late ler! (taking over mom's role)K, c u soon. =)

hedwig elaine said...

eh... I doubt about something...

hmm.. did you really fall in love with 'her' in the past relationship?

*I think I'm not yet reaching the level regarded as too busybody?

bennysia said...

Wah.. elaine.. din noe you read my blog. or shud say din noe u hv my blog add too. hehe.. so how are u doing now? So long din c.. send my regards to your sis too k?

what's your blog add? i can't access your profile.. Not fair ya, u read mine, but i can't c yours. so give me k? lol..

N your ques.. IT IS BUSYBODY!!! lol.. joking la.. but still i wouldnt wanna answer that. lol..

Is it that all the while u think that i'm just a flirt b4 you c my post? lol.. that's bad..I mean y do u nid to DOUBT bout that huh?

Anyway, i'll leave that ques open.. lol.. What do you think??

ps: u so straight forward la.. my blog le.. damn open.. wannna ask ques like that also ask thru mail ma. lol..

hedwig elaine said...

er... I don't know it was my acc problem or wat... I was the "elaine"...
I think you thought it was another Elaine hor?
the Fact is, it was me -- Hedwig Elaine @ Elaine Cheah~

=p

bennysia said...

Oh.. yaya.. i tot it was another one.. too many elaine(s) i guess. lol..

Anonymous said...

Ben, what history have you been hiding from me?

"hmm.. did you really fall in love with 'her' in the past relationship?" (Elaine)

I'm coming to your room now...muahahaha

jim said...

absolutely-desirably-terribly agreeable!

lol dont know what im crapping but im really happy for u benny!

gambateh!

bennysia said...

Lol.. u r so excited.. lol...

wut u mean wrong pole??

Anonymous said...

hm ... updating myself again in blankswf.blogspot.

Benny, more post more post!

nice picture there in the front page. DaRkeness ... edited it with photoshop? or just somehow got it from the middle no where - internet?

well, all da best in you final! perhaps 4.0.

regards,
im thecraptalker!
UTP!

bennysia said...

yeah, used photoshop.

more post? it depends.. exam week lar!!

4.0? dun think so.. but, thanks.

"UTP!"? dun rmb anyone in utp tht semangat utp. lol.

ps:leave comments with your name next time. i would really appreciate it.